How we Celebrate Attendance at the Inspire Partnership Trust Schools
Forest Academy promotes positive attendance and punctuality at school. This remains a high priority for the safety and wellbeing of all of our pupils & staff. The school staff and Board of Governors, together with our designated Education Welfare Provider and alongside Croydon Local Authority, believe that it is essential for all pupils to attend school regularly and on time and to avoid any unnecessary absence. Any loss of time at school can adversely affect a child’s attainment and wellbeing. All pupils benefit from regular school attendance.
As a school we will do all that we can to encourage parents/carers to ensure that the children in their care achieve maximum possible attendance. Any problems that may prevent regular attendance will be identified and acted upon promptly.
At Forest Academy Academy, we believe it is important to recognise & celebrate good attendance and punctuality which are extremely important life skills. We celebrate attendance in the following ways:
- Weekly Attendance Cup - the class with the best attendance & punctuality for that week are awarded with an attendance cup during the weekly celebration assembly.
- Class 100% Weekly Prize - the class who achieves 100% attendance in a week will be rewarded an additional prize during the weekly celebration assembly.
- Individual reward for half term 100% attendance - certificates will be awarded to these children to celebrate their efforts.
- Individual reward for full term 100% attendance - certificates will be awarded to these children in a Celebration of Attendance Assembly and they will be given a 100% attendance badge.
- Individual reward for whole year 100% attendance: all children who achieve 100% attendance for the full year will be awarded a certificate and medal in an end of year Celebration of Attendance Assembly and children will have their names entered into a prize draw to win a very special prize!