Cost of Living Support
At Forest Academy, we understand the cost of supporting your children through school can put pressure on your household budgets. The Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in money worries for many more families, and now we are facing even further pressures with increases in the cost of living for essentials like food, heating and fuel.
We want to do all we can to make every school day affordable for all our families and to help you find the support you might need if you have money concerns.
Many people are currently finding it hard to make ends meet, and often they hang on and try to sort things out themselves, not seeking help until the situation has become very difficult. Whatever the issues you are facing, we would encourage you to ask for support before things get that way. We understand this can be very overwhelming. There is no shame in seeking support and both the school and the help organisations listed below will help with sensitivity and confidentiality.
We can help with:
- Food bank referrals to The Shrublands Trust
- School Uniform
- Toiletries and sanitary products
- Sign posting to other agencies for housing, benefits and other services
Please come and talk to us about your concerns or worries so that we can work together to ensure you can access the right support at the right time.
- Contact the school office and ask to speak to Mrs White
- You can book a coffee and catch up with Mrs White.
Local advice and support services
Croydon council have a section on their website dedicated to supporting residents.
Croydon.gov.uk Get help with the rising cost of living
- Help paying Council Tax
- Benefits you might be entitled to
- Financial support and advice
- Saving energy
- Help with employment and training
- Warm Spaces
- Mental health and wellbeing